Want to become a member of BESA?
- Have performed at least 75 Bar/Bat Mitzvahs (for “core” categories)
- Be sponsored by a current BESA member
- Hold a current business license and provide proof of business liability insurance
- Provide business and personal references
- Pay a $450.00 yearly membership fee, renewed every Oct. 1st
- Pay an initial one-time $75.00 web site fee
Call membership director Janet Wright (760) 207-4675, firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and additional information. Upon inquiring, the board will review the applicant’s request. If approved by the board, applicant must attend one general meeting as a guest prior to presenting. The applicant will be given the opportunity to present themselves to the members at a monthly general meeting (brief introduction of yourself and samples or photos of your specific service). The general membership in attendance will then vote on the applicant’s request for membership. The applicant will be notified of the results of the vote. If voted in, all fees must be paid in order to complete the process.
BESA Code Of Ethics
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to those vendors who specialize in events within the Jewish community.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the industry.
- Communicate truthful and accurate information with respect to the professional performances of duties.
- Use only legal, ethical, and safe standards in all industry activities.
- Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, and products.
- Demonstrate respect for every professional within the industry by consistently performing at or above industry standards.
- Contribute knowledge to professional meetings and journals to raise the consciousness of the industry.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance when providing services.
Ready to become a member? Contact Us Today